Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Do most Christians teach their children of Santa Claus?

Santa clause is not about religion, it's culture and traditional. It's 'make believe' we use in families to celebrate the actual bishop in the church sometime around 326-341 AD:St. Nicholas, who gave anonymously simply for the joy of seeing peoples happiness, and I can't imagine my childhood not having had Santa and happy Christmas mornings whether it was when my mom was single and we only got a couple dollar store gifts, or when we got older and got a little more. It was exciting and fun! My husbands parents were very religious and chose to not have Santa for their children-in fact nothing, and my husband always remarks on his sad childhood. I believe and pray to God & celebrate what Christmas is about as well as my children. Trying to make it into something dark is ridiculous but unfortunately ignorance loves company in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment