Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is this an appropriate email to send to my language arts teacher?

This cl is miserable, each ignment is miserable every step of the way (this isn't your fault, it is whoever made teh curriculum's fault), I really find it a huge burden , I have 21+ ignments left to turn in and they all seem to be about the struggles of minority groups and women, there is nothing in any of these stories that a white male can relate to. I have noticed that every language arts cl that I have ever had has only had stories about minority groups and women, not a single story (besides Sir Gawain and the Green Knight ( a great book) and The Great Gatsby) has been about anything other than a minority group or women. I know it isn't your fault and it is a shame that teachers have no choice over what to teach nowadays with all these ridiculous curriculum requirements. Whoever is responsible for the language arts curriculum has done an amazing job and absolutely ruining reading and acquiring knowledge a very unpleasant experience. I feel that there is some type of political motivation in whoever makes this curriculum because every ignment is , without fail, about feminists or African Americans. I enjoy writing when it expresses my thoughts on the subject, but when I am doing work in this cl, I feel an intense desire to express my anger about how the language arts curriculum (and actually most of society as a whole) finds the issues of African Americans and women to be so much more important than that of men (reverse discrimination and affirmative action), yet I am forced to write about the struggles of women anyways. There are many examples of this in society, and it makes me angry. For example, Yahoo Answers has a section called "Gender and Women's Studies", I can not even look at the section name without getting somewhat frustrated. I have even made a complaint at yahoo answers about how there is a "women's studies" category but no "men's studies". The response I got to this complaint was even more upsetting : I got a response that said that "all other categories are men's categories because it is a "men's world" where women have no rights"; I honestly laughed when I saw this response given that it is no longer 1960 where women were all stay at home moms, it is the 21st century and there are plenty of women in the work force and I am sure that there are women who work for yahoo answers. I do not blame you , I blame the school system.

No comments:

Post a Comment