Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why do people alway single out "Christianity" as delusional, illogical and worthless?

I myself was brought up Christian, and still celebrate Christmas. My parents are also Christian and didn't tell me to accept the bible literally. Most Christians likewise do not beleive everything literally. As I grew up I decided I had some doubt and was beliefwise more like an Atheist or an Agnostic. What bothers me are all of the people who criticize Christianity more than other religions. There is some group of Atheists here who focus all of their attention on Christianity, even though the first testament (Judiasm) is equally rediculous (Eve was made from a rib... and Moses parted the waters, etc, etc.) And what about Islam? What about other religions? polytheistic, etc... ? Any skeptical philosopher or scientist will see these ideas as equally invalid. Sometimes I want to say I'm Christian only because I don't want do ociate with the Anti-Christian rhetoric that people unfortunately ociate with Atheism now.

No comments:

Post a Comment