Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can migraines or seizures cause my optic nerves to swell?

For the past month or so I have been suffering from horrible headaches. It usually starts in the back of my head with a shocking pain, probably the most horrible pain I have ever experienced. The timing of this is early in the morning before I go to school. Once the shocking pain in the back of my head goes away, I am left with a very bad head ache through out my entire head and it lasts the entire day, that when I get home from school I need to take about a 2 hour nap from the pain to see if it helps it go away. I also get dizzy at times and sometimes see flashing lights (don't know if that's normal). About 3 weeks ago I went to the eye doctor for a check up and she noticed that my optic nerves were drastically swollen and was very concerned. She proceeded to ask me if I suffered from bad headaches, and of course I said yes, so she took my eye pressure and it was perfect so that was a little misleading to her. Next week I have to go back to get some tests done, I don't really know on what though. No over the counter tylenol, advil and so on have been helping me. I even tried claritin and alevert and NOTHING helps. But i'm wondering, what I have been experiencing could it just be a regular headache, or a migraine or could all of this be caused by seizures? I do have family members that have suffered from epilepsy, i'm not sure if it is hereditary though. And could any of those cause my optic nerves to be drastically swollen? I have never had a problem with them, it just randomly showed up! Should I be concerned?

No comments:

Post a Comment