Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A question for lawyers or paralegals?

My husband and I have been seperated for 5 years without any closure to the marriage. I haven't been able to afford a divorce so I waited for him to do it. He never did and now he is deceased. There is property that was purchased during the marriage as well as a few vehicles. When I left him I took a car but he later had it picked up while I was at work! I was told it was a case for an attorney and yet again I couldn't do anything. I was a single mother of 2 kids (not his). We had no children between us, there is no will and he has one daughter who is (I think) 25. His parents are still alive and that is where his daughter lives (with them). In all he owned a house, 8 different properties with no houses and his truck (which he had when we met). We married and we traded my vehicle in for a Z71 pickup but later traded it for a brand new Kia Optima (my car) and yes the car is paid for. We later purchased a 1988 Ford Bronco 2 for my son (his stepson). He had it all put in his name but I have the titles to both the Bronco and the truck. His daughter asked me what I wanted from the estate and I told her the Bronco, Kia and the 5 lots we purchased together and she could have everything else. During the course of our marriage my daughter (not his) got a settlement from an accident at a department store (she cut her finger off). I sat up an account for her money. Some of this money was used for the Bronco we had purchased for my son. I have the doentation of the checks. I also have recordings of emotional abuse and him saying that the Bronco is my sons. I also have doentation from the sherriffs department when he threatened to shoot me. I also have the doentation of all the transactions on the vehicles (owner transfers, titling info, payment history etc. Now I am not getting any cooperation from his daughter. I am not even sure of any outstanding debts (which I was told I am liable for). I need help but I can't afford it and I don't even know where to start! I was hoping this would have been resolved in court between us but that didn't happen. Can you give me any numbers to contact? I don't even know how to get a death certificate! I am in Granbury Tx. Tonight his daughter called me asking if I had picked up the bronco because she was told someone had. I told her no. She said if the bronco was still there that we could pick it up. We drove over (me and my son) and the bronco was still there. Spoke to my deceased husbands neighbor and the deceased daughter. I told her that everything was okay. We (my son and I ) then asked (to recheck) if we could take the bronco before something did happen. She told us no and that her (his parents) grandpa would report it stolen. Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment